Culham Engineering was proud to be part of Phase One of the cycleway from Upper Queen Street to Victoria Street.
The cycleway weaves its way above Auckland’s central motorway junction and includes the architecturally designed Canada Street Bridge which stretches over State Highway 1, as well as the newly revamped and magenta-coloured Nelson Street off-ramp, which includes a string of interactive lights along one side.
The design includes Maori designs to ensure the path had a distinctly New Zealand identity. This cycleway has been named “Te Ara I Whiti or the light path”.
Culham Engineering’s scope of work included the following
- The barrier posts, shelves and supports for the Plexiglass acoustic barriers
- Powder coating perforated sheet for below the Plexiglass
- 6m Streetlight posts with CCTV attachments
- Aluminium gate for emergency motorway access
- “Carved” cut out plates with Maori Art design
- Pou post with cut out which illuminates with internal LED lights at nightCulham Engineering worked with a flexible design and an evolving scope during our portion of the contract due to the finished design evolving during that time